Various Pipe Bands - The Gael (DVD)
The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, The Black Watch & 5th Queens Piper.
Visits Edinburgh Castle, Stirling Castle, Elgin Cathedral, Fort George Inverness, Braemar Castle, Blair Castle, Edzel Castle, Falkland Palace, Glenfinnan and Culzean Castle.
1. Main Theme From The Last of the Mohicans/The Gael "The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards"
2. Caledonia/Devil's Staircase "1st Bn The Black Watch"
3. Hector The Hero "The 5th Queen's Piper"
4. Will You Go Lassie Go "The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards"
5. The Barren Rocks Of Aden/Crossing The Minch/The Jolly Beggarman/The Train Journey North "The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards"
6. Amazing Grace "1st Bn The Black Watch"
7. The Castle Walls "The Celtic Pipes & Strings"
8. The Dark Island "1st Bn The Black Watch"
9. A Scottish Soldier "The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards"
10. The Atholl Highlanders/The Bugle Horn "Lone Piper With Military Band
11. Campbeltown Loch "The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards"
12. Sleep Dearie Sleep "Lone Piper"
13. Johnnie Cope "Uilleann Piper"
14. Plymouth Argyll/Desert Storm/Trisha's Jig/Colonel In Chief's Jig/Banjo Breakdown "Pipers" "The Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders"
15. The Skye Boat Song "Lone Piper With Military Band"
16. The Muckin' O' Geordie's Byre "The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards"
17. Mingulay Boat Song "Uilleann Piper"
18. Lochanside "The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards"
19. Highland Cathedral "Lone Piper with Military Band"
20. The Black Bear "The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards"
This is a double sided disc which plays on all PAL and NTSC systems worldwide.
Discount of 10% when you order 2 or more products from Product Group SD
People who bought this also bought:
On The Day: 3-Disc Collector's Set (DVDx2+CD)
Disc 1: The award winning film on DVD of the formation of the Spirit Of Scotland Pipe Band.
Disc 2: DVD is approx 3 hours of piping from the World Pipe Band Championships, concerts, busking, video tutorial with sheet music & more.
Disc 3: CD of band's Championship medley & solo performances. Plus 28 page booklet.
Filmed on location in Scotland, the United States and Canada. The collector's set comprises a full 81 minute directors cut DVD of the feature documentary, an 180 minute DVD packed with special features including Interactive Camera Angle Selection of the Worlds Competition, complete Spirit of Scotland MSR & medley sets, performances at the Mastery of Scottish Arts Concert in the USA, busking on the streets of Glasgow, Video tutorial of Roddy MacLeods Practice Recordings with sheet music, a Piobaireachd played by Eaun MacCrimmon on the Isle of Skye and much, much more There's also an 18 track audio CD which includes the Spirit of Scotland's medley set plus band members original and traditional tunes on the Highland Pipes, Irish Uilleann Pipes, Whistle. Bousouki, Guitar, Harp, and Bodhran and solo performances from the band's many 'Gold Medal' stars. A 28-page photo-filled booklet about the band & the film; A 12-page booklet of notes to accompany the audio CD; A panoramic full-color mini-poster of the band marching off the line. A magical 5.39 hours that piping fans will love and a unique piece of piping history!
The Spirit of Scotland Pipe Band comprised 40 pipers and drummers from Scotland, Ireland, Canada, Australia and the USA under the leadership of Pipe Major Roddy MacLeod and featured many of the worlds top solo players, eleven of them Gold Medalists (Roddy MacLeod; Alasdair Gillies; Angus MacColl; Colin MacLellan; Euan MacCrimmon; Iain Spiers; Jim McGillivray; Niall Matheson; Niall Stewart; Willie McCallum; Wilson Brown). The band came together for the first time in 2008 to compete in the World Pipe Band Championships against legendary bands that had been around for decades.
Format: All zones NTSC.
People who bought this also bought:
On The Day: Story Of The Spirit Of Scotland Pipe Band (DVD)
Its the World Pipe Band Championships 2008 - 8000 musicians from 16 countries. All on one day. A new group, featuring 40 pipers and drummers from Scotland, Ireland, Canada, Australia and the USA has decided to join the battle of the bands. Calling themselves The Spirit of Scotland, and under the leadership of Pipe Major Roddy MacLeod, the worlds top solo players - including 11 Gold Medalists - have come together for the first time to attempt the impossible: compete against legendary bands that have been around for decades. What are their chances after just six days of practice? Will they even qualify? In the end, all that matters is what happens 'on the day'.
Roddy MacLeod MBE
Stuart Samson MBE
"Brilliantly done and a most enjoyable film to watch" - Jack Lee
Best Of Scottish Pipes & Drums (CDx4)
An incredible 4 CD set at a cracking price! The Queen's Royal Pipers, Stonehaven Pipe Band, Clan Sutherland Pipe Band and Kinross & District Pipe Band.
1. 4/4 Marches (Scotland the Brave / The Rowan Tree / Wings / Flett The Flotta)
2. 6/8 Marches (Dr. Ross's 50th Welcome to the Argyllshire Gathering / John Gordon Of Drummuie / Fairview Cottage)
3. March, Strathspey and Reel (Pipe Solo / The Ewe wi' the Crooked Horn / The Sheepwife)
4. Hornpipe, Strathspey and Reel (June Rollo's Ronnie / The Campbeltown Kiltie Ball / Mac an Irish / A Cup Of Tea)
5. Hornpipes (Raigmore / Dr. MacInnes's Fancy)
6. Hornpipe and Reels (Pipe Solo / The Gathering / Naill from Glenroe / The Cape Breton Fiddler's Welcome to Shetland)
7. Bulgarian Dance (Kopenitsa)
8. 2/4 March (Pipe Solo / John MacMillan of Barra)
9. 2/4 March (Pipe Solo / Miss Elspeth Campbell
10. 3/4 Marches (The Green Hills Of Tyrol / When The Battles O'er / The Kilworth Hills)
11. Gaelic Air, Jigs, Reels and Hornpipes (William Sloanes Air / Jacks Jig / Tripping Up The Stairs / The Swallow Tail / The Korgi / Jimmy Blue)
12. March, Strathspey and Reel (Drum Solo / The Highland Wedding / Tulloch Castle / John MacKechnie)
13. 6/8 Marches (The Glendaruel Highlanders / Leaving Port Askaig)
14. Hornpipes and Gaelic Air (The Circassian Circle / The Waterhole / The Shoreline of Lewis)
1. Welcoming Set (Scotland the Brave / Badge OIf Scotland / The Atholl Highlanders / Bonny Galloway)
2. Burns Country (The Corn Riggs / A Man's A Man / My Love She's But A Lassie Yet / Ther Was A Lad / The Corn Riggs)
3. Journey From The Lochs (Loch Lomond / Loch Duich / Loch Rannoch / Road to the Isles / Train Journey North)
4. Piobaireachd (MacFarlanes Gathering)
5. Dancing Feet (Pibroch of Donald Dubh / Cock o' the North / Glendaruel Highlanders / Farewell th the Creeks)
6. Across The Water (The Skye Boat Song)
7. Three In A Bar (The Bloody Fields of Flanders / Torosay Castle / Lochanside)
8. A Lament (His Fathers Lament for John Ban MacKenzie)
9. At a State Banquet (The Balmoral Highlanders / The Duke of Gordons Birthday / Thick Lies the Mist of Yonder Hill / Inverinate House / Sound Of Sleat / Queen Elizabeths March)
10. Scottish Waltz (The Mist Covered Mountains / Morag of Dunvegan / My Home / The Highland Cradle Song)
11. Some Old Songs (Drum Intro / The Bonnie Lass o' Fyvie / The Battle of Killiekrankie / The Rose of Allandale / The Rowan Tree
12. Fare ye Well (The Flower Of Scotland)
2. Dr. Ross's Welcome to the Northern Meeting (Bengullion / Pipe Major Sam Scott)
3. Wee Pat (Dalnahassaig / O'er the Bows to Ballindalloch / Nora O'Neil / Heather Island / Tripping Up The Stairs / Doug Boyd's Favourite / The Binious
4. The Mason's Apron (Steal Away / Queen Of The Rushes / Rocking The Baby / Crossing the Minch)
5. Big Oz (Molly Connol / Mac an' Irish / Christie Macleod / Shetland Reel / Achmore Loch / Wee Buns / Jig In The Middle)
6. Gillian's Reel (Snake Hips / Mercury Sweep / Lough Conn / O'Rourke's Reel)
7. Loch Lomond (Stop Yer Ticklin' Jock / Bonnie Lass o' Fyvie / I Love A Lassie / Roses o' Prince Charlie)
8. Lochiel's Welcome (Steamboat / RSPCA's Welcome To Pittodrie / Major Bobby)
9. Glencoe (The Pipers Waltz)
10. We're no awa tae Bide awa
11. The Kesh Jig (Tam Fraser Jig / Merrily Danced The Quaker's Wife / The Eavesdropper / Going to the Well For Water)
12. Highland Wedding (Dorrator Bridge / Brown Haired Maid)
13. The Barren Rocks Of Aden (The Brown Haired Maiden / Highland Laddie)
14. Silver Threads Among the Gold (Maggie / MacPherson's Rant / The Lea Rigg / Wha Saw the 42nd)
15. The Green Berets
1. 6/8 Marches (The Glendaruel Highlanders / The 10th Battalion H.L.I. Crossing the Rhine / Cock of the North)
2. March, Strathspey and Reel (The Cla Macrae Society / The Ewe Wi' Crooked Horn / Loch Carron)
3. Slow Air & Jigs (Breton Air / Pour Ignacio)
4. Strathspey and Reels (Susan MacLeod / The Islay Ball / The Smiths of Chilliehassie / John Morrison of Assynt House)
5. Medley (The Three Wheeled Rabbit / The Price Of The Pig / Kenny MacDonald's Jig / The Panda / She Walked Through The Fair / A.A. Cameron's Strathspey / Helen Young / Madame Bonaparte)
6. 4/4 Marches (The Battle of Waterloo / Killiecrankie / Scotland the Brave / The Rowan Tree)
7. Slow Air & Jigs (The Water Is Wide / Galician Jig / Asturian Jig)
8. 2/4 Marches / The Stirlingshire Militia / Hugh Kennedy M.A. B.Sc. / P/M Willie Maclean)
9. Pipe Solo (Jig of Slurs / Donald Maclean / Donella Beaton)
10. Hornpipes (The Queen of Rushes / The Muckle Dram)
11. Medley (Spogan / Jane Campbell / Braes of Mar / Hamilton's Nutsack / Suo Gan / The Humours of Cork / Kelly's Jig / The Pie-Eyed Piper)
12. Trio - B. Elrick, D. Robertson, G. Fullerton (Dark Rum & Crabbies / The Hungarian Fiddler and the Country Girl (Waltz) / The Hungarian Fiddler and the Country Girl (Reel) / Na Goisidich)
13. Air (The Mingulay Boat Song)
People who bought this also bought:
Best Of Scottish Pipes & Drums (CD)
A great piping CD at a great price!! Queen's Royal Pipers, Dan Air Scottish P.B., Kinross & District P.B., Waltham Forest P.B., Beeston P.B., Grampian Police P.B., Clan Sutherland P.B., Stonehaven P.B., Pride Of Murray P.B. and The Scots Guards.
1. Across The Water, The Skye Boat Song
2. Train Journey North, Crossing The Minch
3. Highland Wedding, Dorrator Bridge, Brown Haired Maid
4. Kenmures Up And Awa' Wullie, Hot Punch, Bengullion, Major John McLennan
5. Two Pints Of Heavy, Bonnie House Of Airlie, The Last Fish Supper, The Soldier's Return,The Hills Of Glenorchy
6. The Herding Song, Steamboat, Rose Among The Heather, The Kilt Is My Delight, Kate Dalrymple, The Sweet Maid Of Glendaruel
7. It's Lonely At Night In The Bothy, Scotland The Brave, I Love A Lassie, The Bluebells Of Scotland, Nae Awa' Tae Bide Awa
8. The Green Hills Of Tyrol, When The Battles O'er, The Kilworth Hills
9. The Glendaruel Highlanders, The 10th Battalion H.L.I. Crossing The Rhine, Cock Of The North
10. The Flowers Of The Forest, The Battle Of The Somme
11. Hills Of Sicily, Farewell To The Creeks, Leaving Port Askaig
12. The River Creed, Mrs MacDonald Of Uig, Feis Bhaarraidh, The Heights Of Cassino.
Bagpipes Of Scotland (Celtic Collections Vol 4) (CD)
A great mix of Solo pipers, pipe bands and folk groups play old favourites such as Scotland The Brave to contemporary tunes with a folky slant. Gordon Duncan, Hamish Moore, Lothian & Borders Police P.B., Drambuie Kirkliston P.B., Ceolbeg, Dougie Pincock..
1. Lothian & Borders Police Pipe Band - Scotland The Brave Medley: Scotland The Brave - Bonnie Galloway - The Rowan Tree - Highland Laddie
2. Gordon Duncan - The Old Wife Of The Milldust Medley (Jigs): Old Wife Of The Milldust - Tatter Jack Walsh - Donald Cameron's Powder Horn
3. Drambuie Kirkliston Pipe Band - Roses Of Porince Charlie Medley: Wae's Me For Prince Charlie - Ye Jacobites By Name - The Roses Of Prince Charlie
4. Hamish Moore - The King's Set: The King George IV Strathspey - The King's Reel
5. Scottish Gas Pipe Band - March Strathspey & Reel: Lord Alexander Kennedy - Atholl Cummers - John Morrison Of Assynt House
6. Gordon Duncan - Loch Broom Bay (Slow Air)
7. Gary West With Ceolbeg - Not The Bunnyt Hop Set: The Big Parcel - Not The Bunny Hop
8. Drambuie Kirkliston Pipe Band - Skye Boat Song Medley: Skye Boat Song - Prince Charlie's Welcome To Skye - He's Ower The Hill That I Know Well - Lochiel's Awa" Tae France
9. Dougie Pincock - Two Hornpipes: The Balnain Household - Tanks For The Memories
10. Sc.ottish Gas Pipe Band - The Mod Theme Medley: The Mod Theme - Margaret Brown Of Cramond Brig - Thomson's Directory - Thomson's Dirk - A Highland Wedding - Bu Chaomh Leam Bhi Mire - Three Good Fellows - Charlie's Dance - Cape Breton Peurt-a-Beul
11. Hamish Moore - Mrs Hamilton Of Pitcaithland ( Slow Air)
12. Macnaughton's Vale Of Atholl Pipe Band: Live Concert Set: Showacho - Kenneth MacDonald's Jig - The Double Rise
Legendary Pipers & Pipe Bands Volume 1 (CD)
This collection of vintage recordings features some of the best-known names in the world of piping. All of the solo pipers are now deceased but their music lives on. The Pipe Bands featured are the Queens Own Cameron Highlanders & Edinburgh City Police. There are some imperfections in the recordings but still well worth listening to.
1. Colonel Burney's Farewell To The Gordon Highlanders
2. Lord Alexander Kennedy
4. The Marchioness Of Tullibardine
5. Brose And Butter
7. Skye Boat Song
8. The Black Watch Polka
9. Donald MacLean
10. My Home
11. The Stirlingshire Militia
12. The Barren Rocks Of Aden
13. Leaving Glenurquhart
14. Pibroch Of Donald Dubh
15. Loch Monar
16. The Rowan Tree
Pipes & Drums Of Scotland (CD)
Old favourites played by some fine pipe bands: 1st Battalion Black Watch, Shotts & Dykehead Caledonia, Clan Campbell, and Glasgow Skye Association. Great value CD.
1. Clan Campbell Pipe Band (The Road To The Isles / Lovely Stornoway / My Lodging's On The Cold Ground / Westering Home)
2. 1st Battalion Black Watch (Scotland The Brave)
3. Glasgow Skye Association Pipe Band (MacKenzie Of Gairloch / Paddy Carey / O'er The Bows To Ballindalloch / Captain Horne / The Ravens' Rock / De'il Amang The Tailors / The Streaker / Colin's Cattle)
4. Clan Campbell Pipe Band (Marche De Putne / 6th African Rifles / Mackenzie's Tune)
5. Shotts & Dykehead Caledonia Pipe Band (J.K. Cairns / Flower Of Scotland / Troy's Wedding / Crossing The Minch)
6. Clan Campbell Pipe Band (Green Hills Of Tyrol / When The Battle's O'er / Lochanside)
7. 1st Battalion Black Watch (The Black Bear)
8. Glasgow Skye Association Pipe Band (Spinning Wheel / Miss Virginia Thomson's Fancy)
9. Clan Campbell Pipe Band (The Herding Song / Crooked Bawbee / A Hebridean Air / Mull Of The Mountains)
10. Glasgow Skye Association Pipe Band (Ae Fond Kiss / A Man's A Man / My Love She's But A Lassie Yet / Duncan Grey)
11. Shotts & Dykehead Caledonia Pipe Band (The Rowan Tree / I Loo Nae A Laddie But Ane / Bonnie Prince Charlie / Up In The Morning Early / Rustic Brig)
Pipe Band Spectacular Volume 2 (CD)
More great music from the second part of the stunning Millennium concert at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall. Jigs, reels, airs, marches and medleys from some of the top pipe bands and a solo set by Gordon Duncan. The Calypso reels are simply brilliant!
1) Macnaughton's Vale of Atholl Pipe Band & Field Marshall Montgomery Pipe Band Hornpipes: Jim Tweedie's Sea Legs - The Train Journey North
2) The 78th Fraser Highlanders Pipe Band Medley : Bradford's - John Paterson's Mare - Gaelic Air - Miss Lily - Farewell to Erin
3) Shotts & Dykehead Caledonia Pipe Band Calypso Reels: Calypso Piper - The Carnival Reel
4) Field Marshall Montgomery Pipe Band Hornpipes: The Sorcerer - The Crumbling Stack
5) Gordon Duncan (with : Neil Ferguson-Bouzouki) Solo Set: Wha Saw the 42nd. - Gile Mear - The Haughs o' Cromdale
6) Macnaughton's Vale of Atholl Pipe Band Slow Air & Jig: Balandran Air - Asturian Jig
7) The 78th Fraser Highlanders Pipe Band Hornpipe & Reel :The Mason's Apron - The Crooked Bridge
8) Stuart Reid (Shepherd Small Pipes) Air & Jig :Slow Breton Air - Partners in Time
9) Field Marshall Montgomery Pipe Band Reels: Creatively Blocked - Leaving the Ceilidh - Doctor MacPhail's Reel
10) Macnaughton's Vale of Atholl Pipe Band March, Strathspey & Reel : The Balmoral Highlanders - The Islay Ball - Mrs MacPherson of Inveran
11) Shotts & Dykehead Caledonia Pipe Band Hornpipe & Jigs : The First One Hundred - Showboat - The Curlew - Caber Feidh
12) Massed Bands Slow Air :Farewell to 2000
13)Massed Bands Tag Reels: Shotts & Dykehead Caledonia Pipe Band The Egg and the Fiddle - The Big Birl - Calahanda The 78th Fraser Highlanders Pipe Band Jenny Dang the Weaver - Sleepy Maggie Macnaughton's Vale of Atholl Pipe Band The Gravel Walk - The Graf Spree Field Marshall Montgomery Pipe Band Rakish Paddy - The Water Man Massed Bands A Cup of Tea - Mrs MacLeod of Raasay
14) Massed Bands Jigs : Butterfingers - The Glasgow Police Pipers.
Pure Bagpipe Magic (CD)
Solo pipes, pipe bands, pipe and regimental bands, all here in all their glory, with absolute must-have tunes such as Amazing Grace, Dark Island, A Mans A Man, Former junior World Champion Piper David Methven, Buccleuch and Queensberry Caledonian Pipe Band, Band Of The Gordon Highlanders, Massed Bands. Contemporary settings and traditional. Pure magic indeed.
1. Highland Cathedral
2. Flower Of Scotland
3. Scotland The Brave
4. Mull Of Kintyre
5. Amazing Grace [Solo Version]
6. Skye Boat Song
7. The Mist Covered Mountains
8. Morning Has Broken
9. Bonnie Dundee
10. The Rowan Tree
11. Dark Island
12. Piping Hot
13. Bonnie Galloway
14. Ae Fond Kiss
15. Flowers Of The Forest
16. The Pipers Waltz
17. Amazing Grace [Massed Pipes Version]
18. A Mans A Man For A' That
19. Auld Lang Syne
20. The Mackintosh Lament
People who bought this also bought:
Purely Pipers (CD)
From the huge power of the Massed Marching Pipes And Drums of army regiments to the exciting sounds of young bands and the beautiful mix of song with pipes this is an album dedicated to all the rich variety of Scottish piping music.
1. Scotland The Brave/Rowan Tree - The Pipes & Drums of Leanisch
2. Battle Tunes Of The Pipes - The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra
3. Scottish Soldier/The Battle's O'er/Lochanside - The Pipes & Drums of Leanisch
4. The Black Bear Salute - Massed Pipes, Drums and Military Bands
5. Pibroch Of Donald Dhu - Jim Banks
6. Carol Of The Bagpipers - Kirsten Easdale
7. Devil's Finale/Reel O' Tulloch -City Of Glasgow Philharmonic
8. Coronach - The Porridge Men
9. Bagpipes On Mars - Enter The Haggis
10. 93rd At Modder River - The Porridge Men
11. Pipe Set, The Black Isle, Banks Of Lossie, Abbeyville - Queen's Own Highlanders
12. Piping Hot - Massed Pipes, Drums and Military Bands
13. Hector The Hero
14. The Skye Boat Song/The Fairy Dance/Corn Rigs - The Gordon Highlanders
15. Amazing Grace - Massed Pipes And Drums
16. The Piper's Waltz/The Stronsay Waltz - Buccleuch & Queensberry Caledonia
17. Flower Of Scotland - The Pipes & Drums of Leanisch
18. Highland Cathedral - Massed Bands and Pipes and Drums of the Army Regiments
Scotland Pipes And Drums (CD)
A glorious and proud compilation of marches, strathspey, jigs, reels, airs and hornpipes, presented by some of the finest pipe bands in Scotland, England and Nova Scotia, including the 1st Battalion Scots Guards, the Strathclyde Police Pipe Band, Pride of Murray Pipe Band and many others.
1. The Flower of Scotland - The Queen'S Royal Pipers
2. Dr. Ross's 50th Welcome to the Argyllshire Gathering - Clan Sutherland Pipe Band
3. The Battle of the Somme / The Festival March - Grampian Police Pipe Band
4. Troy's Wedding / Rocking the Baby / The Blackthorn Stick / The Curlew - The Dan Air Scottish Pipe Band
5. Stop Yer Ticklin' Jock / I Love a Lassie / Roamin' in the Gloamin' / Bluebells of Scotland - Pride Of Murray Pipe Band
6. The Blackbird / Willie's Brogues / Murdoch MacAllister / Thunderhead / Duncan the Gauger - The Beeston Pipe Band
7. Lord Lovat's Lament / The Battle of Waterloo / Dr. Cam Stewart - The Beeston Pipe Band
8. Highland Laddie / The Brown Haired Maiden / The Barren Rocks of Arran - Grampian Police Pipe Band
9. Lord Alexander Kennedy / Maggie Cameron / The York Reel - The Beeston Pipe Band
10. Pipe Solo / Hugh Kennedy / The Ewe wi' the Crooked Horn / The Sheepwife - Clan Sutherland Pipe Band
11. Prince Edward Island / Laird o' Dunblair / Kirstie MacCallman's Favourite / The Poisoned Dwarf / Buntata's Sgadan / Setting a Course for Lewis / Thistledown / The Boys of Ballymote / Isabel Blackley - Pride Of Murray Pipe Band
12. The Balmoral Highlanders / The Duke of Gordons Birthday / Thick Lies the Mist on Yonder Hill - The Queen's Royal Pipers
13. William Sloane's Air / Jack's Jig / Tripping up the Stairs / The Swallow's Tail / The Korgie / Jimmy Blue - Clan Sutherland Pipe Band
14. His Father's Lament for John Ban MacKenzie - The Queen'S Royal Pipers
15. Highland Fling / Broadswords - The Marquis of Huntley's Highland Fling / The Gravel Walk / Kalabakan / Lexy MacAskill - Forrester's Cape Breton Scottish Dance Company
16. Dawning of the Day / At Long Last - The Scots Guards
17. Highland Cathedral - Strathclyde Police Pipe Band
18. Men o' Galloway - Saor Patrol