£1 off when you order £20 of goods or more. Offer ends 2nd January 2019. Coupon Code Required: DEC42018 Coupon Code must be entered in the www.MusicInScotland.com site.
100 Scottish Greats
Over 5 Hours of Great Scottish Music on 4 Themed CDs. Anthems, Ceilidh, Party/Singalong, Tranquility
100 Scottish Greats Box Set CDs include the following tracks:
Disc: 1 - Anthems
1. Scotland the Brave (Pipes & Drums & Regimental Band of the Royal Highland Fusiliers)
2. 500 Miles (Live Version) (The MacDonald Bros )
3. Flower of Scotland (The Munros)
4. Braveheart (The Munros)
5. Caledonia (Julienne Taylor )
6. A Scottish Soldier (Andy Stewart)
7. Wild Mountain Thyme (The Munros)
8. Loch Lomond (The Munros)
9. Highland Cathedral (Kelly Brown & Voices of Scottish rugby)
10. Scots Wha Hae (Pentlands Folk)
11. Scottish and Proud of It (The Munros)
12. Local Hero Theme (The Munros)
13. Mull Of Kintyre (The Munros feat. Former Junior World Champion David Methven)
14. Ye Jacobites by Name (The Munros)
15. Sailing (The Munros)
16. A Man's a Man for A' That (The Munros featuring David Methven)
17. Ae Fond Kiss (The MacDonald Bros)
18. Skye Boat Song (Celtic Spirit)
19. Celtic Mantra (Julienne Taylor)
20. My Love Is Like a Red Red Rose (Duncan McCrone)
21. Bonnie Dundee (Buccleuch & Queensferry Caledonia Pipe Band)
22. Always Argyle (Duncan McCrone with The Tron Band)
23. Dark Island (The Munros featuring David Methven)
24. Crazy About Scotland (Celtic Spirit)
Disc: 2 - Ceilidh
1. Bluebell Polka (Jimmy Shand)
2. The Jigs Medley (Ceilidh Minogue)
3. Celtic Reel (The MacDonald Bros)
4. Strip the Willow, Neil Throw's Reel, Manola's Reel (Addie Harper & The Wick Scottish Band)
5. Medley (Ceilidh Minogue)
6. Dashing White Sergeant (Jim Johnston & His Band)
7. Virginia Reel Medley (Haud Yer Lugs Celidh Band)
8. The Gay Gordons (The Lothian Scottish Dance Band)
9. The Circassian Circle Medley (Ceilidh Minogue)
10. Loch Lomond (Billy McIntyre & His All Star Ceilidh Band)
11. Fiddle Faddle Medley (Jimmy Shand )
12. Scottish Waltz Medley (The Lothian Scottish Dance Band)
13. The Red House Reel (Jimmy Shand )
14. Gaelic Waltz Medley (Ceilidh Minogue)
15. March, Strathspey & Reel Medley (Freeland Barbour)
16. Highland Schottische Medley (Haud Yer Lugs Celidh Band)
17. The Duke of Atholl's Reel (Jimmy Shand )
18. The Witches Reel Medley (Ceilidh Minogue)
19. Hamilton House (Jimmy Shand )
20. Rabbie Burns Reels (Glebe St Ceilidh Band)
21. Ceilidh Country Medley (Haud Yer Lugs Celidh Band)
22. Rocky Mountain Medley (Part 1) (Jimmy Shand)
23. The Two Step Medley (Ceilidh Minogue)
24. Eightsome Reels (Billy McIntyre & His All Star Ceilidh Band)
Disc: 3 - Party/Singalong
1. Come in Come in (It's Nice to See You) (Andy Stewart)
2. The Song of the Clyde (Kenneth McKellar)
3. Hoots Mon (Lord Rockinghams XI)
4. Donald Where's Yer Troosers (Andy Stewart with The White Heather Group)
5. Skinny Malinky Long Legs (Collie Crew)
6. Shang - a
7. Stop Yer Ticklin Jock (Party Mix) (The Mad Macs)
8. Bonnie Wee Jeanie McColl (Marc Andrew)
9. Ye Cannae Shove Yer Granny aff a Bus (Collie Crew)
10. Beautiful Sunday (Scottish Mix) (Angie Cameron)
11. Scottish Sing a Long Medley (Wattie Watson and Friends)
12. Young At Heart (The Bonaly Boys)
13. Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep (Party Mix) (DJ's Ess & Gee feat. Angie)
14. Fitba' Crazy (Collie Crew)
15. Magic (The MacDonald Bros)
16. Love Is All Around (The MacDonald Bros)
17. Roamin' in the Gloamin' (Harry Lauder)
18. The Happy Haggis (Bert Shorthouse & His Glenlomond Band)
19. Bye Bye Baby (DJ's Ess & Gee)
20. Millport in the Morning (The Trailenders)
21. Come Back Susannah (Collie Crew)
22. Second Hand News (Julienne Taylor )
23. Be Baw Babbity (A laddie or a Wee Lassie) (Collie Crew)
24. You Can Always Come Home Son (The Macs)
25. The Tongue in Cheek Wee Scottish Medley (Pub singer mix) (Wattie Watson and Friends)
26. I Don't Wanna Talk About It (The Munros Feat. Julienne Taylor)
Disc: 4 - Tranquility
1. Ye Banks and Braes (Celtic Spirit)
2. Flowers of the Forest (The Munros)
3. Hasten and Come With Me (The Munros Feat. Dougie Pincock)
4. The Music of Spey (The Macs)
5. Amazing Grace (Emma)
6. Mist Covered Mountains (The Munros feat. David Methven)
7. The Hill (Julienne Taylor)
8. Come O'er the Stream Charlie (Celtic Spirit)
9. Maid of the Loch (The MacDonald Bros)
10. Land o' the Leel (Duncan McCrone)
11. The Rosebud (Celtic Spirit)
12. Rosslyn Chapel (Solace A Tu)
13. Annie Laurie (Celtic Spirit)
14. The Glen of Tranquillity (Celtic Spirit)
15. Morning Has Broken (The Munros featuring David Methven)
16. Calm After the Storm (S Wood)
17. The Rowan Tree (Celtic Spirit)
18. Turn out the Light (Celtic Spirit)
19. Bonnie Galloway (The Munros feat. David Methven)
20. Why (Julienne Taylor)
21. Will Ye No Come Back Again (Celtic Spirit)
22. I Will Protect You (Julienne Taylor)
23. The Lea Rig (Duncan McCrone)
24. Lord Lovat's Lament (The Munros featuring David Methven)
25. Loch Lomond - Amazing Grace (The Munros feat. Julienne Taylor)
26. Auld Lang Syne (The Munros featuring David Methven)
Pete Clark & Muriel Johnstone - Niel Gow's Fiddle (CD)
Niel Gow's Fiddle expertly played by Pete Clark with accompaniment from Muriel Johnstone on Piano. Pete plays some solo tracks and other tracks feature Pete and Muriel. The sleevenotes provide a history of Niel Gow's fiddle thought to be made by Italian luthier Gasparo da Salo and once owned by Niel Gow.".......Here he (Pete) plays a fiddle that genuinely once belonged to his hero and if its not too fanciful to say this, these recordings are probably as close as were likely to get to being in the great mans presence."
- Rob Adams for the Glasgow Herald Full album review here
1. Tullochgorum (Trad.) + Poem "To Mr Gow Visiting Dumfries" (Burns) 2'55
2. Loch Errochside (Niel Gow & his second wife) / The Earl of Morton's Jig (Wm. Gow) / Miss Stewart of Grandtully Strathspey & Reel (Niel Gow) 4'57
3. Coilsfield House (Nathaniel Gow) 3'11
4. The Duchess of Atholl (Niel Gow) 1'38
5. Farewell to Whisky / Welcome Whisky Back Again / Highland Whisky (Niel Gow) 3'27
6. Mrs Macdougall-Grant (Nathaniel Gow) / Mrs Donaldson (Niel Gow) / Orchill Graham (Niel Gow) 4'05
7. Sir George Clerk of Pennicuik (Nathaniel Gow) / Lady Charlotte Campbell (Nathaniel Gow) / Lady Charlotte Campbell (Robert Mackintosh) 4'23
8. Watson's Class (Niel Gow) 2'23
9. Major Graham of Inchbrakie (Niel Gow) 2'21
10. Miss Graham of Inchbrakie (Nathaniel Gow) / Lament for James Moray of Abercairney (Niel Gow) 4'41
11. Lady Cunningham of Livingstone (Nathaniel Gow) 1'23
12. Lament of Flora MacDonald (Neil Gow Jnr) 3'11
13. General Lord Glenlyon's March & Quickstep (John Crerar) 3'12
14. Banks of Garry / The Big Boat of Inver / Merry Lads of Inver / Inver Lasses (John Crerar) 3'07
15. Nathaniel Gow's Lament for His Brother (Nathaniel Gow) 2'01
16. Dungarthill / Jamie Wood / Birkenburn (James Macintosh) 3'25
17. Niel Gow's Lament for the Death of His Brother Donald (Niel Gow) 2'02
18. Niel Gow's Lament for the Death of His Second Wife (Niel Gow) 4'19
The Broons Gold Collection - 4 CD Box Set
The Broons Gold Collection 4 CD Box Set contains over 5 hours of great music on four Themed CDs. Big UK Numbers 1's, Golden Greats, Family Favourites and Ballads.
Gold Collection Disc 1 of 4 - UK No.1s.
1. Only the Lonely (Roy Orbison)
2. The Young Ones (Cliff Richard & The Shadows)
3. Cathy's Clown (Everly Brothers)
4. Apache (The Shadows)
5. It's Now or Never (O Sole Mio) (Elvis Presley & The Jordanaires)
6. Poetry in Motion (Johnny Tillotson)
7. Runaway (Del Shannon)
8. Johnny, Remember Me (John Leyton)
9. Walkin' Back to Happiness (Helen Shapiro)
10. I Remember You (Frank Ifield)
11. Telstar (The Tornados)
12. Come Outside (Mike Sarne)
13. Running Bear (Johnny Preston)
14. Good Timin' (Jimmy Jones)
15. Well I Ask You (Eden Kane)
16. Who's Sorry Now (Connie Francis)
17. Nut Rocker (B Bumble & The Stingers)
18. Return to Sender (Elvis Presley & The Jordanaires)
19. Walk Right Back (Everly Brothers)
20. What Do You Want (Adam Faith)
21. Blue Moon (The Marcels)
22. Three Steps to Heaven (Eddie Cochran)
23. What Do You Want to Make Those Eyes At Me for (Emile Ford And The Checkmates)
24. Living Doll (Cliff Richard & The Drifters)
25. Dream Lover (Bobby Darin)
26. Only Sixteen (Craig Douglas)
27. It Doesn't Matter Anymore (Buddy Holly)
28. Sidesaddle (Russ Conway)
29. Hoots Mon (Lord Rockinghams XI)
30. When (Kalin Twins)
31. Magic Moments (Perry Como)
Gold Collection Disc 2 of 4 - Golden Greats.
1. Let's Twist Again (Chubby Checker)
2. A Teenager in Love (Marty Wilde)
3. Shakin' All Over (Johnny Kid & The Pirates)
4. Rock a Hula Baby (Elvis Presley)
5. A Picture of You (Joe Brown)
6. Speedy Gonzales (Pat Boone)
7. Hey Baby (Bruce Channel)
8. Locomotion (Little Eva)
9. Let's Dance (Chris Montez)
10. Things (Bobby Darin)
11. Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen (Neil Sedaka)
12. Bobby's Girl (Susan Vaughan)
13. It Might As Well Rain Until September (Carole King)
14. Sherry (The 4 Seasons)
15. The Wanderer (Dion)
16. Do You Wanna Dance (Cliff Richard and The Shadows)
17. Hello Mary Lou (Ricky Nelson)
18. Take Good Care of My Baby (Bobby Vee)
19. You're Sixteen (Johnny Burnette)
20. Hats off to Larry (Del Shannon)
21. Wonderful Land (The Shadows)
22. Stupid Cupid (Connie Francis)
23. Twistin' the Night Away (Sam Cooke)
24. Spanish Harlem (Ben E King)
25. Here's Comes Summer (Jerry Keller)
26. Move it (Cliff Richard)
27. Stuck On You (Elvis Presley)
28. You Got What It Takes (Marv Johnston)
29. Why Do Fools fall in Love (The Teenagers Feat. Frankie Lymon)
30. La Bamba (Richie Valens)
31. Save the Last Dance for Me (The Drifters)
Gold Collection Disc 3 of 4 - Family Favourites.
1. Que Sera Sera (Whatever Will Be Will Be) (Doris Day)
2. Bye Bye Love (Everly Brothers)
3. That's Amore (Dean Martin)
4. Good Morning (From Singin' in the Rain) (Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor, Debbie Reynolds)
5. Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow (The Shirelles)
6. Scottish Soldier (Andy Stewart)
7. Your Cheatin' Heart (Hank Williams)
8. Hit the Road Jack (Ray Charles)
9. Young Love (Tab Hunter)
10. Blueberry Hill (Fats Domino)
11. Spanish Eyes (Al Martino)
12. Please Help Me I'm Falling (Hank Locklin)
13. Love and Marriage (Frank Sinatra)
14. Charlie Brown (The Coasters)
15. Dr Finlay's Casebook (TMK Collective)
16. Wonderful World (Sam Cooke)
17. The James Bond Theme (The John Barry Seven and Orchestra)
18. Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend (Marilyn Munroe)
19. Tip Toe Through The Tulips (The McGuire Sisters)
20. Make 'Em Laugh (From Singin' in the Rain) (Donald O'Connor)
21. See You Later Alligator (Bill Haley & His Comets)
22. Wooden Heart (Elvis Presley)
23. Memories are Made of This (Dean Martin)
24. All I Have to Do is Dream (Everly Brothers)
25. Travelin' Light (Cliff Richard)
26. Singin' in the Rain (Gene Kelly)
27. The Theme from "A Summer Place" (Percy Faith)
28. Mack the Knife (Bobby Darin)
29. Oh Boy (Buddy Holly & The Crickets)
30. My Old Man's a Dustman (Lonnie Donegan)
Gold Collection Disc 4 of 4 - Ballads.
1. Can't Help Falling in Love (Elvis Presley)
2. Stranger On the Shore (Acker Bilk)
3. What Kind of Fool Am I (Sammy Davis Jnr)
4. Climb Ev'ry Mountain (Shirley Bassey)
5. When I fall in Love (Nat King Cole)
6. Stand by Me (Ben E King)
7. My Funny Valentine (Frank Sinatra)
8. The Great Pretender (The Platters)
9. I Can't Stop Loving You (Ray Charles)
10. Tammy (Debbie Reynolds)
11. Born Too Late (The Pony - Tails)
12. Crazy (Patsy Cline)
13. Portrait of My Love (Matt Monro)
14. What a Diff'rence a Day Makes (Dinah Washington)
15. Raining in My Heart (Buddy Holly)
16. Over The Rainbow (Judy Garland)
17. Moon River (Danny Williams)
18. What Now My Love (Shirley Bassey)
19. Are You Lonesome Tonight (Elvis Presley)
20. He'll Have to Go (Jim Reeves)
21. Theme for a Dream (Cliff Richard)
22. La Mer (Beyond The Sea) (Bobby Darin)
23. The Wonderful World of the Young (Danny Williams)
24. Let It Be Me (The Everly Brothers)
25. True Love (Bing Crosby & Grace Kelly)
26. Till There Was You (From The Music Man) (Edmund Hockridge)
27. Running Scared (Roy Orbison)
28. You'll Never Walk Alone (Frank Sinatra)
Edinburgh Military Tattoo - 2018 (DVD)
Also available in Blue-Ray
As always, The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo is a truly global celebration, bringing together military and cultural performers from Oman, Malawi, Czech Republic, Belgium, United States of America, Mexico, Canada, Australia, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
The 1200 strong international cast perform The Skys the Limit, in celebration of human potential, embracing Scotland's Year of Young People with colourful performers joining from across the globe.
The Massed Pipes And Drums: The Royal Dragoon Guards
The Queen's Royal Hussars
1st Battalion Scots Guards
The Royal Scots Borderers, 1st Battalion
The Royal Regiment Of Scotland
The Highlanders, 4th Battalion The Royal Regiment Of Scotland
Royal Air Force
Brisbane Boy's College
Paris Port Dover
The Royal Victoria Regiment Association
Scotch CollegePLEASE NOTE that this DVD is dual format and is playable on any machine Worldwide.
Runrig - The Ones That Got Away (CD)
The Ones That Got Away is the final CD from Runrig who have enjoyed a 40 year plus career.
Formed in Skye in 1973 under the name 'The Run Rig Dance Band', the band since its inception has always included brothers Rory and Calum Macdonald. The current line up of Runrig also includes longtime members Malcolm Jones, Iain Bayne and more recently lead singer Bruce Guthro and Brian Hurren. To date Runrig has released 14 studio albums and this will be the fifthteenth. Runrig have always had a unique blend of folk and rock with a number of songs sung in Scottish Gaelic. Their lyrics have often focused on locations, history, politics and people that are unique to Scotland.
Track listing for Runrig - The Ones That Got Away (CD):
2. Big Songs (Of Hope And Cheer)
3. The Greatest Flame CONTD.....
4. The Wedding
5. Life Is
6. The Ship
7. Cho Buide Sa Bha I Riabh
8. Every River
9. Book OF Golden Stories
10. IN Search Of Angels
11. Rhythm Of My Heart
12. This IS Not A Love Song
13. This Time Of Year
14. And We'll Sing
Skipinnish - The Seventh Wave (CD)
In the world of lore and legend, the seventh wave was bigger and more powerful than all gone before. This, the seventh album from Skipinnish epitomizes that theme perfectly. With Norrie MacIver's distinct vocal taking on the lead and with a few other transfers and additions, this is the band's biggest and boldest production yet. The changes in line-up mean three renewed Skipinnish classics joining five new songs, a tribute to Runrig, three rocketing tunes sets and a haunting slow air. With great memories and gratitude to past members and with excitement for a new chapter. The Seventh Wave is released upon the ocean!
2. The Hag
3. Harvest Of The Homeland
4. Ocean Of The Free
5. The Iolaire
7. The Old Woman
8. The Island (Intro)
9. The Island
10. Home On The Sea
12. Walking On The Waves
13. MacNab's Set
14. Cro Chinn T-Saile
GBXperience Anthems Volume 4 (CD)
Volume 4 contains 16 tracks of techno pop created by George Bowie.
1. Energy Rush 'Suburban Delay'
2. Do You Wanna Party -DJ Scott'
3. Take Me 'Dream Frequency'
4. Wizards Of the Sonic 'Westbam'
5. Gouryella 'Gouryela'
6. Everytime You Touch Me 'QFX'
7. Obsession 'Mallorca Lee'
8. Lethal Industry 'Tiesto'
9. Hell's Party 'Glam'
10. Concrete Angel 'Gareth Emery'
11. Out Of The Blue 'System F'
12. Light A Rainbow 'Tukan'
13. Elysium 'Ultrabeat And Scott Brown'
14. Toytown 'DZ'
15. Hardcore Feelings 'Charlie Lownoise And Mental Theo'
16. Come Running 'Darren Styles'
Blair Douglas - Italian Chapel Suite
Blair Douglas has for many years been fascinated by the story of the Italian Chapel and composed a suite of music as his tribute to the dedication of the prisoners. The music was performed and recorded in St Magnus Centre in Kirkwall, the twelve tracks include fiddle, viola, harp, cello, flute and accordion arrangements, two pieces by the City of Kirkwall Pipe Band and a beautiful "a Capella" song by The Mayfield Singers.
1. Orcadian Welcome
2. Regina Pacis (Queen Of Peace)
3. On This Rock
4. La Stella Della Speranza (The Star of Hope)
5. Chiocchetti's Waltz
6. St Catherine's Tears
7. Sunset On The Flow
8. Orcadian Salute To Camp 60
9. Little Iron Heart (Palumbi's Love)
10. Jesu, Jesu, Prega Noi (Jesus, Pray For Us)
11. Lambholm Addio (Lambholm Farewell)
12. St Mary's
Tide Lines - Dreams We Never Lost (CD)
Here is the debut album from Tide Lines, a four-piece Scottish band whose roots in the Highlands of Scotland, are omnipresent in their fresh and eclectic musical style.
Tide Lines consists of Robert Robertson from Lochaber, Ross Wilson from the island of Mull, Alasdair Turner from Alness, and Fergus Munro from Glasgow.
2. Fortunes Of The Fearless
3. Far Side Of The World
5. Another Day
6. Midnight Sun
7. Since I Left This Town
8. Piob Mhor Part 1
9. Piob Mhor Part 2
10. We Will Stand
12. The Young And The Restless
13. Walking On The Waves
14. The Dreams We Never Lost
Iain J Smith - Ode To Whisky (CD)
Ode to Whisky (Óid don Uisce Beatha Ir. gaelige) (Tha Bhuidh air an Uisge Bheadach Sc. gaidhlig) is a studio album recorded entirely in Kirkcudbright, Galloway, Scotland. It is a musical celebration of the water of life.
Just as whiskies vary from the fine Highlands and Speysides, to the peaty malts of the Islands; from the Lowland malts to the thrice distilled smooth whiskies of Ireland; from the ryes of Canada to the corns, and bourbons of Kentucky and Tennessee; so too the music here is rich and varied. But it all has one thing in common, it is music written about whisky by those who loved it.
It ranges from the baroque harp music of Turlough O'Carolan, to the grand strathspeys of Niel Gow, from the stylised dance music of the romantics to the bluegrass of Appalachia....... and much in between.
Arranged and performed entirely by Iain Smith it features pianos, bouzouki, whistles, guitars, dulcimer and banjo along with the sounds of the fiddle, pipes and harp augmented by orchestration.
The C.D. comes with a sixteen page booklet rich with information and anecdote. It also notes, humorously the correct whisky to accompany each tune.
To enjoy this music at its best take it regularly along with your favourite dram.
1. Oid don Uisce Beatha - O'Carolan
2. Highland Whisky / The Charms of Whisky - Gow
3. Drops of Whisky - trad. coll. Preston
4. John Barleycorn - trad.
5. Lull Me Beyond Thee (Sir John Barleycorne) - trad.
6. Farewell To Whisky - Gow
7. Welcome Whisky Back Again - Gow
8. The Humours of Whiskey - trad.
9. Da Spirit o' Whisky - trad.
10. Di-Moladh an uisge-bheatha - MacDonnell
11. Medley (An Poitin Stil, Moonshiner, Rare Old Mountain Dew, Whiskey You're the Devil, Whiskey 'for Breakfast)
12. O'Carolan's Receipt (for dinking) - O'Carolan)
13. Tae the Hairst, the Maut and the Barley Bree - Smith
14. Farewell to Whisky (reprise) - Gow
Runrig - Flower Of The West: The Runrig Songbook (Book)
Music and lyrics for all the published Runrig songs (1975 - 2000) with notes to accompany each song, providing anecdote, information, and historical fact. The book contains photography ranging from personal collections and archive, to the work of some of the most significant photographers to have worked in the Highlands over the past decades. This book is an insight into not only the genesis of the songs themselves, but also touches on the changing lifestyle and culture of the Scottish islands throughout the latter half of the twentieth century. A changing culture within which Runrig themselves have played a part.
Abhain An T-Sluaigh; A DhInnse Na Firinn; Air A Chuan; Air An Traigh; Alba; All Things Must Change; Always The Winner; Amazing Things; An Cuibhle Mor; An Ros; An T-Iasgar; An Toll Dubh; An Ubhal As Airde; Ard; Big Sky; Canada; Cearcal A Chuain; Chi Min Geamhradh; Cho Buidhe Sa Bha I Riabh; City Of Lights; Clachan Uaine; Cnoc Na Feille; Cum Ur Naire; Da Mhile Bliadhna; Dance Called America; Day In A Boat; Dreamfields; Duisg Mo Run; Dust; Edge Of The World; Eirinn; Every River; Fichead Bliadhna; Flower Of The West; Foghar Nan Eilean 78; Forever Eyes Of Blue; For The Love Of Alison; Fuaim A Bhlair; Going Home; Harvest Moon; Headlights; Healer In Your Heart; Hearthammer; Hearts Of Olden Glory; Ill Keep Coming Home; In Search Of Angels; Life Is; Lifeline; Lighthouse; Mairi; Maymorning; Meadhan Oidhche Air An Acarseid; Morning Tide; Move A Mountain; Nach Neonach Neisd A Tha E; Na H-Uain As T-Earrach; News From Heaven; Nothing But The Sun; O Cho Meallt; Only The Brave; Oran; Our Earth Was Once Green; Pog Aon Oidhche Earraich; Precious Years; Pride Of The Summer; Protect And Survive; Ravenscraig; Recovery; Ribhinn Donn; Ribhinn O; Road And The River; Rocket To The Moon; Rubh Nan Cudaigean; Saints Of The Soil; Satellite Flood; Sguapan Arbhair; Siol Ghoraidh; Skye; Smalltown; Song Of The Earth; Sraidean Na Roinn Eorpa; Stepping Down The Glory Road; Stu Mo Leannan/Nightfall On Marsco; Sunndach; Tear Down These Walls; Thairis Air A Ghleann; That Final Mile; That Other Landscape; The Apple Came Down; The Cutter; The Dancing Floor; The Everlasting Gun; The Fisherman; The Ferry; The Greatest Flame; The Message; The Mighty Atlantic; The Old Boys; The Only Rose; The Summer Walkers; The Wedding; The Wire; The Work Song; Things That Are; This Beautiful Pain; This Darkest Winter; This Is Not A Love Song; This Time Of Year; Tillidh Mi; Tir A Mhurain; Tir An Airm; Travellers; Wonderful; Worker For The Wind; World Appeal
Colin Campbell - The Collected Songs (CDx2)
At last - it's on CD! Yes, The Road Rage Cowboy hits the turntables at full speed, along with Mrs Mac's B&B, Last Ferry To Skye, Highland Wind Crofter, Traveller's Guide To Caithness and other hilarious gems from the crooning crofter. A double CD pack contains Colin's offerings of pithy insight into Highland life, with a few serious songs to let you gather your breath betweentimes. The ultimate in Highland humour.
CD 1 includes Road Rage Cowboy, Perthshire Autumn, Mains of Slacktackit, Traveller's Guide to Caithness, Farewell Tae Tarwathie, Banffshire Braes, Grease Gun Geordie, Scottish Farmer, Rock a Hula Quinnie, Highland Grain, Gaff With No Scales, Mrs Mac's B&B, Radio Caithness Weather, Div Ye Mind & more.
CD 2 includes Shorepath to Kyle, Balmacarra Once More, Highland Dams, Scottish Diet, Col Cowboy Builder, Country Clothes, Highland Wind Crofter, Midge McNipper, Laird Lamb Sale, The GM Kid, Old Cornhill Mart, Last Ferry to Skye, Skye Bridge Tolls, Kilbaddie's Bonnie Quine, The Furrow's End & more.
Skerryvore - EVO (CD)
No blade of grass stands a chance of growing under the feet of this energetic line-up. Twice winners of Scotland's Traditional Music Awards coveted 'Live Act of the Year' (2016 and 2011) their upward trajectory has taken them from a small Hebridean island on a global journey often away from the well-trodden gig circuit for prestigious milestone performances in New York's Central Park, at the Ryder Cup in Louisville and the Shanghai Expo, China.
Recorded at the renowned Castlesound Studios in East Lothian and Carriage House Studios in Conneticut, Evo is instantly engaging. An expectant drone kicks in for the haunting tour de force opening number Martin Gillespie's tongue-in-cheek tune 'The Exorcists', triggered by the band's exorcising of spirits of a different kind from promoter Gordon MacKenzie's Oman home in his absence. Mackenzie remarked: 'If you want spirits removed from your house, call in the Skerries!'; It segues into Scott Wood's tune Donnie's. Opening at full throttle with that big emphatic sound of thundering drums and pipes, as rich as a Scottish single malt, it lays down the gauntlet for this captivating album that for 45 minutes draws you into another world that is vibrant and emotive in equal measures.
Dalglish's songs start with 'At the End of the Line', with its opening keyboard refrain. With his engaging, clear voice he ponders the global touring shuttle '4000 miles in the sky till the wheels hit the ground' and the location of Paradise and concludes it is 'where your people are', totally changing the mood created in the opening number. And this is what Skerryvore is so good at - migrating from the big blast numbers to the heartfelt reflective tracks. Dalglish has these songs down to a fine art, from the infectious 'Hold On' to the hopefulness of 'Waiting on the Sun' and the catchy mainstream-nudging love song 'Take My Hand', released as a single. Another stand out number is his life-affirming 'Live Forever', a remixed version of the original song recorded in Conneticut. It provided the soundtrack for Scottish Tourism's 'Wild About Argyll' campaign and hit No 1 in the iTunes World music chart last year, followed by a 70-date Live Forever tour of UK, Italy, Spain, Denmark, The Netherlands and USA.
Fiddler Craig Espie's 'Mile High' tune set apparently recalls his fainting episode on board a flight home from Spain, with little sympathy from his bandmates. But there s nothing light-headed about this number which is fast and furious -Mile High Header being followed by the aptly-titled 'Momentum', with the pipes let loose.
Elsewhere there are covers of the late Aberdeenshire piper-composer Gordon Duncan's lively and intricate tune 'Trip to Modera' and Glaswegian songwriter Alex Wayt's rocky song 'Borderline'. 'Soraidh Slan', a slow, respectful air composed and performed by Martin Gillespie, is the poignant penultimate track - a farewell to loved ones lost in 2017 before 'The Rise', also written by Martin, ends on an optimistic, upbeat note with all musicians at full pelt to bring the music full circle.
1. The Exorcists
2. At the End of the Line
3. Live Forever
4. Mile High
5. Hold On
6. Trip to Modera
7. Take My Hand
9. Waiting On the Sun
10. Soraidh Slàn
11. The Rise
Brandon McPhee Band Play The Music Of Sir Jimmy Shand
The Brandon McPhee band play a selection of tunes synonymous with Sir Jimmy Shand, a trip down memory lane remembering this remarkable man.
A celebration of the life and music of the late Sir Jimmy Shand, prolific composer and band leader, an international star and legend of the Scottish music whose tunes continue to feature in the repertoire of most traditional accordionists and dance bands.
Brandon McPhee (Hohner Shand Morino accordion, vocals, acoustic guitar)
Alastair MacDonald (second accordion, harmony accordion)
Manson Grant (piano, bass, harmony vocals)
Phil Anderson (acoustic guitar, harmony vocals track 6)
Robert Cameron (drums)
1. Six Twenty Two Step
2. Lady Elgin of Broomhall/ Lord Elgin of Broomhall
3. The Agnes Waltz
4. John Macdonald's March
5. Lass O' Patties Mill/ Davy Nick-Nack/ Deveron Reel
6. Auld Scots Mither Mine
7. Bill Black of Stanley/ Arlene Bowie/ Jim Money
8. Dr Ross's 50th Welcome to Argyllshire
Gathering/ Dundee City Police Pipe Band
9. Whistling Rufus
10. Lunan Bay/ Lady Angela Alexander/ It's Grand Among Your Ain Folk
11. Cameron Highlanders/ Australian Ladies
12. Memories of Willie Snaith
13. Shuffling Samuel
14. Jimmy Shand the Legend
15. Bonnie Dundee/ Midlothian Pipe Band/ I Lo'ed Nae Lassie But Ain
16. Auchtermuchty Gala March
17. A Welcome Christmas Morning
18. St Andrew's Parade/Harveston Castle/Breadablane Reel/Bobby Watson
19. The Bluebell Polka
Scotland's Voices (CD)
The album includes tracks by the monumental Jeannie Robertson MBE (MacCrimmons Lament and The Battle of Harlaw); matriarch of The Stewarts of Blair, Belle Stewart MBE (The Berryfields of Blair and The Queen Among The Heather); bearing a wealth of Gaelic song and originally from Lewis, Dolina MacLennan (Tha Mi Duillich); the Border Shepherd, Willie Scott (Jamie Telfer of The Fair Dodheid and The Kielder Hunt); King of the Cornkisters, Jimmy MacBeath (Come All Ye Tramps and Hawkers and Drumdelgie); the internationally renowned revivalist Jean Redpath MBE (Auld Lang Syne); Shetlands ambassador for the fiddle, Aly Bain MBE (Hector The Hero); and one of the three piping MacDonald brothers of Glenuig, Allan MacDonald (Thogail nam Bó).
We also thought it appropriate to include a self-penned track by Hamish Henderson (The Freedom Come All Ye) and a short poem from a key figure in the painting, Hugh MacDiarmid (The Watergaw). Weve also included tracks by two singers not in the painting but who were approximate contemporaries of those portrayed: the internationally renowned exponent of Gaelic song, Flora MacNeil (A Mhic Iain Ic Sheumais) and the irrepressible Davie The Galoot Stewart (McGintys Meal and Ale).
Interestingly, the Jeannie Robertson track The Battle of Harlaw, from The School of Scottish Studies archives, was recorded by Hamish Henderson at one of his famous ceilidhs - live recordings do of course have their own challenges. Davie Stewarts track McGintys Meal and Ale was recorded by the American collector, Alan Lomax.
1. Jeannie Robertson - MacCrimmons Lament
2. Jimmy MacBeath - Tramps and Hawkers
3. Jean Redpath - Auld Lang Syne
4. Willie Scott - Jamie Telfer of The Fair Dodheid
5. Dolina MacLennan - Tha Mi Duilich (I Am Sorrowful)
6. Davie Stewart - McGintys Meal and Ale
7. Aly Bain (with Ale Möller) - Hector The Hero
8. Belle Stewart - The Berryfields of Blair
9. Allan MacDonald (with Seudan) - Thogail nam Bó (MacFarlanes Gathering)
10. Willie Scott - The Kielder Hunt
11. Jimmy MacBeath - Drumdelgie
12. Flora MacNeil - Mhic Iain Ic Sheumais (Son of John, Son of James)
13. Belle Stewart - Queen Among The Heather
14. Jeannie Robertson - The Battle of Harlaw
15. Hugh MacDiarmid - The Watergaw (poem)
16. Hamish Henderson - The Freedom Come All Ye
Edinburgh Military Tattoo - 2017 (DVD)
Full coverage of the 68th Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo live from the Esplanade of Edinburgh Castle. The world's most spectacular military Tattoo will host a parade of talent from all around the world whilst celebrating 'Splash of Tartan'
Set against the stunning backdrop of Edinburgh Castle, the spine-tingling presentation includes Massed Bands of Her Majesty's Royal Marines, Tattoo Highland Dancers, crowd favourites the Massed Pipes and Drums plus many more.
PLEASE NOTE that this DVD is dual format and is playable on any machine Worldwide.
The Tumbling Souls - Between the Truth and the Dream (CD)
The Tumbling Souls are a country music band from the Isle of Lewis. A supergroup of the best musicians from the Outer Hebrides from all genres of music.
The sound is heavily influenced by the Country music and Bluegrass of America from the 50s and 60s with more than a hint of Scottish Traditional music seeping in through the instrumentation of the band.
The Tumbling Souls were formed in April 2017 as an excuse for performing musicians and friends to spend time with each other and has spiralled out of control. Viral videos online ensured the band were quickly performing at festivals to crowds of thousands and are excited to share their debut album through Stornoways Wee Studio Records. The music is very fun and very entertaining. Be prepared to smile and dance.
1. Don't be Afraid of the Dark
2. Heart to my Soul
3. Knowing Where you Come From
4. City of Adelaide
5. King of the Moon
6. Rain and Clay
7. Dance a Little Better (Live)
8. Wishing my Time
9. My Foundation
10. Torn in Different Ways
11. Stornoway at 2AM
12. Years go By
Daimh - The Rough Bounds (CD)
Translated from the Gaelic Na Garbh Chrìochan, the Rough Bounds is the area of West Lochaber where Dàimh were formed 20 years ago. Still based in the area, the bands roots remain firmly tied to the region by the enduring connections of the 3 remaining founding members.
Historically regarded as an unruly and inaccessible Jacobite stronghold from which Bonnie Prince Charlie both launched his campaign and subsequently fled from in defeat 6 months later; the landscape of the Rough Bounds is reflected in the breath-taking beauty of Ellen MacDonalds vocals, the wild grandeur of Dàimhs pipe and fiddle led instrumentals and the bands ongoing mission to defend and promote the Gaelic culture.
Bringing a mixture of seldom-heard songs passed down from family to better-known puirt à beul and ballads, Ellen MacDonald confidently takes command of the vocals and proves she is now a firmly established star in the gaelaxy. The songs cover all of the expected Dàimh themes; drinking, fighting, heartbreak and heading off to sea, never to be seen again.
1. S Trusaidh Mi Na Coilleagan
2. 12th Of June
3. Tha Fadachd Orm Fhin
4. Donald MacLeod Reels
5. Oran Bhagh A Chaise
6. Mary's Fancy
7. A NIghneag A Ghraidh
8. Bodach Innse Chro
9. Happy Fish
10. Turas Dhomhsa Chun na Galldachd
11. Chi Mi'n Toman
Angus MacKenzie | Highland Pipes | Border Pipes | Whistles
Ellen MacDonald | Gaelic Song
Gabe McVarish | Fiddles
Murdo Cameron | Accordion | Mandola
Ross Martin | Guitars
Alasdair White | Fiddles
Angus MacKay - Atlantic Seaboard (CD)
Traditional Highland Songs and Tunes sung by Angus MacKay accompanied on accordion by John Carmichael and Ross J. MacKay on the bagpipes.
1. Eilean mo Ghaoil (Beloved Isle) (Donald MacDonald)
2. Bonnie Naver Bay (Jackie Craig)
3. Morag o Dunvegan (Katherine Douglas and Neil Matheson)
4. Highland Bagpipe Marches (Highland Brigade at Tel el Kebir and Over the Chindwin) Trad.
5. Feasgar Agus Ceo Ann (Leaving Stornoway) (Murdo MacLeod)
6. 2/4 March (Man from Skye and Sabhal ic Uisdean Trad.)
7. Bu Chaomh Leam Bhi Mireadh (Tis Delightsome to frolic ) Murdo MacKenzie)
8. The Dark Island (Iain MacLachlan/David Silver)
9. Strathspey and Reel (Devil in the Kitchen Trad)
10. Duanag an t-Saighdear (The Soldier's Verse) (Murdo Morrison)
11. Nighneag a Chuil Duinn (Lassie with the Auburn Tresses) (Angus Morrison)
12. Waters of Kylesku (David Henderson)
13. West Lewis Airs (Beloved Carloway; The Boatman and Shawbost I adore)
14. Tugainn Leam is Dean Cabhag (Hasten and Come with me) (Donald Morrison)
15. Slow Air and 6/8 March (Mist Covered Mountains of Home and Maids of Kintail Trad.)
16. Gruagach Og an Fhuilt Bhan (Fair Haired Maiden)
17. Island Memories (Bays of Harris and The Iolaire Trad.)
18. Madley ( Cailean Mo Runsa/ Filoro) (Donald Ross/ William Ross)
19. 2/4 and 6/8 March (Rosshire Volunteers and Farewell to the Creeks Trad.)
20. Gruagach Bhrunail (Girl from Brunail) (Donal John MacDonald)
21. On the Road to Stornoway (Kennedy/ Halfin)
Duncan Chisholm - Sandwood (CD)
Brand new album inspired by Sandwood Bay, a natural masterpiece and the finest and least accessible beach in Scotland. Featuring fiddle playing at its best from one of Scotland's finest players and composer Duncan Chisholm.
2. The Light Of Tuscany
3. Haze Across The Sun
4. A Precious Place
5. Dizzy Blue
6. The White Bird
7. Islands On The Edge
8. Snow On High Ground
9. The Burial Clouds
10. Perfect Storm
11. North To Cape Wrath - The Dark Reel
12. Bagh Seannabhad